Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's been awhile...

Things haven't been super fantastic but today I finally feel like I can blog again. Today, I have hope. I have support. A co-worker has restored my faith in humanity. My new job has been interesting... And I have felt like everyone in my group thinks I am legit stupid. But my project team has come through and shown that not only do they have my back but also that they actually care. I was in tears Monday after a meeting with The Shusher (also my new supervisor) and J saw that I was upset and had me come sit next to the project team so I was near positive people. I tried to insist I was fine and he insisted that he could see that I wasn't. It's the small kindnesses, isn't it? He saved me on Monday. And now the project is getting pushed back and he has my back with The Shusher to make sure that I am not thrown under any bus about deadlines.

I have amazing friends and family but I have been especially fragile lately and work has been a burr in my side. To finally feel like someone at my office is on my side is amazing. A high five and an assurance that I AM doing my possible best for the the team is something that was badly needed. I plan to pass on this act of kindness. I don't think that people tell each other enough about the things that they are doing RIGHT. This same team is the one who forced me to go to Taco Tuesday and take a breath during a stressful day. I guess the onus is on me to focus more on the uplifting people than the shushers in my work environment.

And, today, feeling inspired by small kindnesses, this is what I will do. Pay it forward and remember that people, at work and in life, are more good than bad.

This is short and sweet but I had to share. I hope someone inspires you today or makes your life more positive in some way. Hugs to all!

Side note: My group/team is different from my PROJECT team. In case any of my references were confusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment